1. What is a digital photo frame?
- The digital photo frame is a specially designed microcomputer with screen to display photos in picture frame looking.
- They do a simple task to slideshow pictures or videos and can adjust content in portrait or landscape orientation.
- Usually a digital photo frame including a power plug to keep it work continuously.
- Digital photo frames are in a different outlook, size, frame material, and features.
- Usually, it is simple to set up, very easy to use.
- Some digital frames can connect to Google Photos, Facebook, Instagram, Flicker, even Dropbox to access the online photo album.
2. What Is a Digital Photo Frame Made?
CPUCPU is the shorten of Central Processing Unit, a digital frame usually use a CPU same as a video game or smartphone, and tablets use.
- ScreenThe screen surface material demonstrates the image quality of a digital picture frame. Now, most new released digital picture frames are equipped with vivid colors glossy IPS display. IPS screen is commonly used in Flagship Laptops for its accurate color reproduction and full viewing angles. Touchscreen also widely used in smart frames.
- FrameWood, plastic, metal, or glass is the most common material of its surrounded frame. Some types of digital frames also offer
interchangeable face-plates that can change its look to fit the surrounding decor.
- MemoryMost digital picture frames have RAM(Random Access Memory) to run the operating system and built-in flash memory (512 MB, 4 GB or 8
GB) to store images. Some with a memory card slot to extend extra image space. The most common types of supported memory
cards are SD, CF(compact flash), and memory stick.
- ConnectivityMost digital picture frames adopted one or more connectivity like USB flash, SD card, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth. Some also offer
direct E-mail transmission from a mobile phone or computer.
- Other componentsBesides image display, some digital picture frames are also equipped with a built-in speaker to play video and music. Clock, calendar,
alarm, motion sensor, and social media downloading functions are available now.
3. How does digital photo frame work?
WiFi Digital photo frame:
WiFi digital photo frame use 2.4GHz or 5GHz wireless network to download digital photos to its
internal memory and slideshow them on the screen.
Bluetooth digital picture frame:
You connect Bluetooth digital picture frame with your phone by Bluetooth technology. Upload photos from the mobile phone, Bluetooth frame received them and displayed on its screen.
USB/SD card picture frame:
USB/SD card digital frame will load pictures in the USB or SD card first and display selected images with custom slideshow.
4. How to set up and use a digital photo frame?
WiFi Digital Picture Frame Set Up and Use:
- 1. Usually, plug a WiFi digital frame into the power outlet, it will be turn on. Connect frame to a valid Wi-Fi wireless network.
2. Download the provided APP and pair your frame in the APP with the account or a code generated from the picture frame.
3. Select photos from your phone, send pictures to the paired wifi frame. The picture frame will receive photos in seconds and display new images on the screen.
Or create an account to pair your frame (usually one email address). Attached the photos you like to share, click send, the photo frame will receive your pictures soon. The new images will be displayed on the Wi-Fi frame.
Digital picture frame(Non - WiFi) Set Up and Use
- 1. Transfer the photos you want to share to the SD card or USB stick, mail to the receiver’s address.
2. Turn on the digital frame, insert the SD card or USB stick, the picture frame will load images, click to slideshow photos on the LCD display.
3. Most digital picture frames have similar functions like time, sleeping schedule, slideshow effect, picture switch time. Follow the manufacturer's user manual or quick start guide to set.
4. If you have a problem during your set up, call the manufacturer's customer support line. Tell them what your problem is, you will get instant support and fix it.
5. How do you put pictures on a digital photo frame?
WiFi Digital photo frame:
Connect your mobile phone with the picture frame through Wi-Fi, and you are there to upload photos from an APP, the picture frame will receive and slideshow these photos.
USB picture frame:
The USB port is the most straightforward way to load photos to the digital picture frame. What you need to do is to connect your frame with computer via USB, directly drag and drop pictures. In this case, the USB frame acts like a flash drive. With the internal storage capacity ranging from 8MB to 4GB, you can plug a USB flash drive to the USB port of the frame to choose and transfer photos.
SD card picture frame:
Some digital picture frames are equipped with a built-in card slot with CF, SD, SDHC, MMC, MS Pro, MS Duo, and xD cards supported. This transmission is smooth even for green hands: insert your memory card into the slot of the frame, select photos you need to upload and copy them to frame.
6. Where the digital picture frame is excellent helpful when applied?
Home Décor / Self-motivation / Study a new language or skills / Reminder for events /
Gifts for loved one's birthday, anniversary / Father's Day, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and more holiday present /
Bar promotion / Hotel advertising / Restaurant ads / Retail stores promotion
7. Digital Picture Frame Q&A
- How many photos can a digital photo frame hold?
It depends on the digital frame's built-in storage capacity and the average photo size, for Hdgenius wifi picture frame,the internal memory is 4GB, an ordinary picture is 400KB(photos will be compressed to a smaller size for downloading), the wifi frame can hold 7500-10000 photos.
- How to hang a digital photo frame on the wall?
Check with dealer or manufacturer if they have VESA mount kit like Nixplay, if yes, use the mount kit. If not, many digital frames have one or two holes on the back to hang it horizontal or vertical.
- What is the price of a digital photo frame?
The price range of 10 inches or smaller USB picture frame and SD card picture frame usually around $50;
wifi picture frame at the same size the price usually under $150;
high-end digital picture frames are expensive, the price as high as $300-600 and even more.
- Why are digital photo frames so expensive?
Most of 2018-2019 release digital photo frames are equipped with WiFi connection. The components a digital frame use are almost the same as a tablet, with 7-inch, 10-inch, 13-inch or even bigger screen.
The high-end wifi picture frames use IPS LCD, and some even use the touchscreen, it is almost the same user experience as iPad. The BOM cost is higher than tablets as the volume is much lower. The new outlook design, molding, UI and certification
costs are much higher. That is why a digital photo frame is expensive than a white label tablet.
- Can you use a tablet as a digital photo frame?
Yes, you can download digital frame APP and convert your Android tablet into a digital photo frame to slideshow photos. iPad has built-in picture frame mode, or you can also buy a wood frame specially designed for iPad to turn it into a digital frame.
- What is the largest digital photo frame?
According to publicly released information, the largest mass production digital photo frame is BOE's 49 inches 4K digital art frame by July 2019. BOE also provide 21.5 inch and 32 inch 1080P photo frames too. Memento has a 35-inch 4K digital frame. Meural provides 27-inch digital frame.